This Archive of titles contains Articles by Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D listed in alphabetical order.
They are intended to address the interests of nonprofit managers, foundation program officers, program evaluators, donors, and activists.
Many of these Articles link to original publications from Dr. Mayer’s time with the Effective Communities Project. Some are from his previous tenure as founding executive director of Rainbow Research, Inc. Some were published with co-authors. This website is a work in progress – only about 30% of his work is currently uploaded to this site.
- A “Dignity Gap”
- A Drive-by Evaluation of the State of the Union
- A Model for Community-Based Youth Leadership Development
- A Pointed Attack On Inequity
- A Statement of Values, Accomplishments, and Intentions of the Twin Cities Neighborhood Movement
- After a Crisis: Opportunities for Community Development and System Change
- As Seen on TV – Building Community Capacity: The Potential of Community Foundations
- Can Grantmakers and Nonprofits Work Together?
- Can Philanthropy Create Greater Racial Equity and Social Justice?
- Capacity Building for Nonprofits
- CF – The Magazine for Growing Community Foundations
- Chapter 1 – The Untold Story of Who Benefits From Nonprofit Programs
- Community Development
- Community Philanthropy in Central and Eastern Europe
- Community Philanthropy: Strategies for Impacting Vulnerable Populations
- Could Institutional Philanthropy Follow Prince’s Example?
- The “Good particle”
- The Assets Model of Community Development
- The Choices We Make As Evaluators: You Gotta Serve Somebody
- The Confluence of “Philanthropy, Justice, and Evaluation”
- The Corrupting Power of Numbers
- The Meaning of “Social Justice”
- The Mittenthal Principle
- The Mittenthal Principle – Too Complicated For the Average Grantmaker?
- There Is An “I” In Philanthropy
- Tools For Moving Philanthropy